Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 75

Thread: SOHO ROSES CD COMING OUT!?!

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Paul Blittz's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2003
    Posts
    219
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, seeing is definitely the thing to do with it, as it's totally unlistenable. Before anyone else can see it though, I'd better actually get it back, as a mate of mine still has it...

    The 'siver stilletos' thing was just me referring to some old footwear I used to have (as seen on the cover of the first record). Not only were the boots rather uncomfortable, they were totally crap for running away from skinheads - a bit impractical in Stevenage.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member chrisdamien's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2005
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ha-ha, I fucked up! Didn't realize the boots joke at first:-) I used to wear heels too and yeah, they are not good for running:-)

    I hope you get that video back though. Even if the sound is crap I know I, at least, would be very excited to see it. It doesn't really matter if the sound is crap when it's most likely the only video recording of your great band.

    Don't hesitate to post or PM me if you get it and I know there are more people here who would want it too:-)

  3. #23
    Inactive Member glamster7's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,048
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I;m with Sam that Soho Roses boot from Brum is great - I was at that gig. Mind you I am missing the title to the 8th track but excellent stuff.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by glamster7:
    I;m with Sam that Soho Roses boot from Brum is great - I was at that gig. Mind you I am missing the title to the 8th track but excellent stuff.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">I've never heard the boot. Anybody wish to post into the Listening area???

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the video would be a treat for some of us who were VERY well aware of Soho, but never had the chance to see or hear you back in those days. Being in the US and having a crap dealer/distributor kept me from hearing the bands I read about, so there sure was no way I could have ever seen you guys. I would love to see even just 5 minutes of footage, even with no sound.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Paul Blittz's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2003
    Posts
    219
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is this the one from the sound desk? If so, I've not heard it either!

    I will sort out this video business so you can all see it. I suppose it's of some historic value. I'm not sure what format it will be on though. You must remember that I haven't moved into the 21st Century yet, and most of the time when you're all sending each other files and coming out with technical jargon I don't know what the fuck you're talking about! I mean I'm still mourning the demise of the LP...

  7. #27
    Inactive Member chrisdamien's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2005
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is AWSOME Blittz!
    I never thought I'd actually get to see anything of the Soho Roses except the official vinyl releases which I have.

    It's definitly of historic value, mate! The best glam band Britain ever had in my book!

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Paul Blittz's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2003
    Posts
    219
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, thanks for that - but I think that just shows what playing as little as possible, never touring and splitting up before too many people have seen you can do!!!

  9. #29
    Inactive Member chrisdamien's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2005
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lots of bands have done that, Blittz... the reason so many people still care about you guys is that you were GREAT!:-)

    Like I wrote before, in my book you never released a bad song and the musicianship was marvellous and inventive.

    Not many bands have had basslines like you guys did. Hanoi Rocks is probably the only other band I can think of, but the songs are still a lot different from them. Your drummer was also exceptionally good in my book with a lot of cool and inventive both beats and breaks + of course those excellent vocal melodies.

    Fuck, I usually don't make fan posts, but for the Soho Roses I'm definitly making an exception! You rocked!

    Listen, I'm sure I am as green as you with computers... if not worse... and formats and all that and wouldn't have a clue how to download something if it jumped up and kicked me in the lip, but I know that if it's a VHS tape you have it needs converting to digital format whether you wanna post it here as a download or make a DVD for traders from it.

    I know Grant (Hairglamfan) is very good at that kinda stuff and he would be happy to help you with it. You can definitly trust him to take the best care of your original tape too.

    Maybe Marky Glam could also see if he could work some magic on the sound and you never know... this might be a true classic in the end:-)

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Hairglamfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Paul I'm even in London tomorrow, Russell Sq, so it would be in very safe hands.

    Seriously though, I'd be happy to put it onto DVD for you and make copies for people here, who could copy it on etc.

    Sound is the issue but once its on DVD which is very straightforward, the audio can be ripped and if anyone can improve it, SuperMarky can. I do think the audio is probably a lost cause if its so distorted to start with but like people say, its a visual thing.

    Anyway no pressure but the offers there as I said.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •